Friday, January 24, 2014

Never give up

Have you ever wanted something so bad that it no longer feels like a want but becomes a need? People are driven by their want and desires, it’s what pushes them to achieve their goals and dreams. What happens when you try and try to achieve your goal but you can never accomplish it? Does it consume you? Do you let it become any and everything that you think about? I have been trying to do something for two years now and it just isn't happening. I've kept it a secret from a lot of people and I have my reasons. Two years of trying to accomplish this goal, and two years of mind numbing disappointments. I have to stand tall though, and be strong. Every time I fail I have to put on a strong face and be there for the person I care about the most, because I know it hurts her just as much as it hurts me and I must be there to pick her back up.

If you have goals, dreams, or ideas that you want to accomplish, never give up, I won’t. I don’t care what some doctor says, or what a book says, or what you might even say, I will accomplish my goal and when that day comes it will be one of the greatest days of my life. Until then, I will never give up, I won’t let the failure keep me from enjoying the other great things in my life, and I will always be who I’m supposed to be.  I will always be a great husband to my wife, an amazing friend to my friends, and an all around geek to everybody. That’s who I am today, but I know that one day I will achieve my goal of becoming something more. One day, maybe not today but one day, I will be a dad.

twitter.com/2TheMattCave

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to become a Super Saiyan as well as find a nice caring girl who I can love, respect, and connect with. I think only one of those has any chance in happening... guess I'll just have to be happy with my golden/blonde hair and enormous power level.

    ReplyDelete