Monday, January 20, 2014

It's not easy being green

Hello again everyone, thanks for joining me today as I rant about something that has always been near and dear to me. When I was a kid I was one of those students that certain kids liked to pick on. On the bus, the playground, in front of other kids, the whole nine yards. Lucky for me I had an escape in that I lost my self in things like Power Rangers and other superhero adventures.


Power Rangers started for me when I was in the first grade and I've been a fan ever since. I still remember dodging out of my family’s backyard BBQ and running upstairs so I could watch the Pudgy Pig episode.


As far as Rangers go I've always been a huge fan of the Green Ranger. He had the awesome shield, the best zord that has ever been on the show, the flute, and the really cool looking dragon coin. Ever since I was a little boy I've always wanted the green ranger’s coin and today, my wish has come true.   


I receive the Legacy Green/White Power Morpher in the mail, and I was like a kid on Christmas. The set comes with Tommy’s Green Ranger coin, his White Ranger coin, and the gold morpher. I cannot express enough how awesome I felt finally holding the dragon coin in my hand. Now, some of you might think this is a bit odd but I do take great joy in the little things in life.

The packaging is really cool also. I enjoyed both the Green Ranger on one side and the White on the other.



If you hadn't guessed by now, the Green Ranger was always my favorite. He started off as an enemy to the team and then became the greatest ranger in history. Tommy was one of my role models growing up, because (as the green ranger) he was always the underdog. Most of his run as the Green Ranger was spent with his powers slowly draining away. It was always more dangerous for Tommy to go out and save the day because his powers could go at any moment, yet he did not care. He stood tall and did what had to be done. Tommy’s example of courage is what got me through the bullying while I was in elementary school.

People always say never to meet your heroes because they will always let you down, but for me that was not the case. I’ve met Jason Frank (Tommy the Green Ranger) twice and each time he was nothing short of amazing. He’s so full of life, energetic, and his love for his fans just radiates off him. Jason David Frank is one of the coolest people I’ve met in my life and his character in Power Rangers is one of the reasons I became the person I am today.



Now that I've got my Green Ranger morpher, I think it’s time for a Power Rangers marathon. Until next time, may the power protect you.


Follow me on twitter @2themattcave

No comments:

Post a Comment